[tor-relays] fast exits running 'unbound' should switch to 'named'

Dhalgren Tor dhalgren.tor at gmail.com
Sat Mar 19 06:03:10 UTC 2016

Nothing wrong with 'unbound'.  Problem is bug in Tor daemon
interaction with 'unbound' that brings exit effectively offline when
GoDaddy blocks requests from it.  This can happen to any fast exit
anytime.  GoDaddy has been blocking high-volume DNS requesters since
2011, and recent activity by some Tor user enumerating GoDaddy domains
triggers the failure.