[tor-relays] Bandwidth Fallen Off Drastically

s7r s7r at sky-ip.org
Mon Mar 14 17:45:06 UTC 2016

Hello,

Your relay seams fine on atlas:

http://atlas777hhh7mcs7.onion/#details/A290A9E71ADFC2FB1C80E64EF851A4B905450105

It has an observed bandwidth of 582.23 KB/s
Advertised bandwidth of 512 KB/s
and burst 716.8 KB/s

Which is exactly as per your configuration.

The consensus weight is 613, which is totally normal for this value of
observed bandwidth.

Tip: if you are on a limited bandwidth plan, better set AccountingMax
and do not cap the speed via RelayBandwidthRate / RelayBandwidthBurst.
Instead let it run at its maximum speed for less than an entire month
rather than capping it to few KB/s to ensure maximum n GB/TB are
consumed within a month.