[tor-relays] Exit relay funding

Cristian Consonni kikkocristian at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 14:09:10 UTC 2016

> Sorry but reading these kinds of things is kind of demoralizing. --
>
> I'm not going to do a "me too" post, but some of us pay for relays with their
> own funds for years, which easily do 30-40 MB/sec combined, receiving zero
> donations -- then some guy with a 3 MB/sec relay comes around and people jump
> at the chance to send him hundreds of Euros just because.
>
> Oh I know mine are not Exit relays, so those are not special enough, nothing
> to see here, move along.

We have a saying in Italian that says "Chiedere è lecito, rispondere è
cortesia".
Roughly translated "Asking is allowed, answering is courtesy", that is
you can ask for whatever you want, maybe somebody will respond, or
don't, whatever.

I am happy to see that there is a community where people can ask for
and receive help in many forms.

Of course, in general, if somebody wants to chip in funding remember
that you can:
* donate to Tor project
* get together to run machines
* donate to groups that run many machines (see torservers.net)

We could start talking about which is the most efficient way to spend
money, but should we?