[tor-relays] Exit relay funding

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Mar 8 22:15:09 UTC 2016

On Tue, 08 Mar 2016 20:17:44 +0100
elrippo <elrippo at elrippoisland.net> wrote:

> I will also chip in with some funding.
> DO you accept Bitcoin or Monero, i do not like to you use PayPal for funding an TOR relay ;D
> If so, please post the addresses, so we can fund a fast running relay.
> Also tell again, how much it costs you per month.
>
> If you guys agree, the funding can be done monthwise by individuals or via crowdfunding, i am fine with both.

Sorry but reading these kinds of things is kind of demoralizing. --

I'm not going to do a "me too" post, but some of us pay for relays with their
own funds for years, which easily do 30-40 MB/sec combined, receiving zero
donations -- then some guy with a 3 MB/sec relay comes around and people jump
at the chance to send him hundreds of Euros just because.

Oh I know mine are not Exit relays, so those are not special enough, nothing
to see here, move along.

--
With respect,
Roman