[tor-relays] Northeastern University Relays

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sat Mar 5 01:47:20 UTC 2016

On Sat, Feb 27, 2016 at 07:11:08PM +0000, nusenu wrote:
> Thanks for adding relays!
> Maybe set a contactinfo?
>
> http://article.gmane.org/gmane.network.onion-routing.ornetradar/1030
> (I'm not implying they are doing anything bad)

Hi Nusenu,

Thanks for noting this here. I tracked down the professor who is running
them (he set a ContactInfo after that), and I'm talking to him now to
learn the details of what he is hoping to research -- I think it has
to do with understanding the churn of onion addresses without learning
any details about any given onion address. I am trying to make sure he
will have a convincing plan for how the research will be safe (else he
should not do it).

Thanks,
--Roger