[tor-relays] Bridge torrc custom + socks

Petrusko petrusko at riseup.net
Tue Jun 28 18:57:38 UTC 2016

Hey,

Starting to set up some Bridges behind some routers, if possible at
several locations.

Since last time, I've found some useful informations, but I'm not 100%
sure if torrc config is ok.
So the goal is :
- bridge
- obsfproxy to help censored people
- SOCKS available for LAN computers, to redirect traffic to Tor

Here the torrc file I've tuned :
####START####
SocksPort 192.168.1.10:9050 #LAN IP
SocksPolicy accept 192.168.1.0/24 #Socks available for LAN computers
SocksPolicy accept 127.0.0.1 #Socks available for localhost too
SocksPolicy reject *
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
ORPort 10000
Address x.x.x.x #WAN IP
Nickname Test01 #name of the bridge node
ContactInfo me at mail.com
DirPort 10001
ExitPolicy reject *:*
BridgeRelay 1
PublishServerDescriptor bridge
AuthoritativeDirectory 1
BridgeAuthoritativeDir 1
ServerTransportPlugin obfs3 exec /usr/bin/obfsproxy managed
ServerTransportListenAddr obfs3 0.0.0.0:10002
ExtORPort auto
####END####

In the router/box, I'll open/forward those 3 TCP ports from the WAN to
the LAN server IP :
ORPort : 10000
DirPort : 10001
Obfs : 10002

Test with a LAN client Firefox connecting with Socks is ok, IP seen is a
Tor exit...
Torcheck says the current browser is using Tor.

But how to know if censored people can use this bridge ? (I'll test it
from an open wifi hotspot in future...)
Is this one is available in the list at bridges.torproject.org ?
I see some log lines about stats files... where will it possible to
check this bridge utilization ?

If someone wants to correct this torrc file, please don't hesitate !
Is there something to add, to remove ?! Another eye is always cool to be
sure !

Many thx for your lights :)

--
Petrusko