[tor-relays] DDOS

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Jun 14 13:53:51 UTC 2016

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:39:30 +0200
Markus Koch <niftybunny at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Or you get e-mails ...

Getting these once every few days. However I'm almost certain the issue is just
a misdetection by them of some pattern from the regular operation of a Tor
relay (for example the large amount of open connections, possibly to unusual
ports) as a DDoS.

--------------------
OVH 2 rue Kellermann 59100 Roubaix
Technical support:  08.99.49.87.65 (€1.349/call + €0.337/min)
Commercial support: 08.20.69.87.65 (€0.118/min)
Fax: 03.20.20.09.58
support at ovh.com

Dear Customer,

We have just detected an attack on IP address [...].

In order to protect your infrastructure, we vacuumed up your traffic onto our mitigation infrastructure.

The entire attack will thus be filtered by our infrastructure, and only legitimate traffic will reach your servers.

At the end of the attack, your infrastructure will be immediately withdrawn from the mitigation.

For more information on the OVH mitigation infrastructure: https://www.ovh.com/fr/anti-ddos/

Regards,

Your OVH Customer Support
Mon - Friday: 9am - 6pm