[tor-relays] Tor Weather has been discontinued

Jannis Wiese mail at janniswiese.com
Mon Jun 13 10:30:51 UTC 2016

I don’t think Weather will be better anytime soon, as it’s been discontinued. [0] If that’s already a reason for you to stop contributing to Tor…

Although Jacob is not a part of the Tor Project any more ([1][2]), in his time as a (very visible) digital advocate, it obviously was in the interest of the Tor Project to see him in a Tor T-shirt most of the time.

And finally, your T-Shirt “calculation” is a bit off: [3]
> We want to make sure our shirts help outreach happen all around the world, so please understand if we can't send you 5 shirts for your 5 excellent relays.

As Moritz already said, the shirt is a way for the community to show appreciation to individuals and not a way to fill your wardrobe.

Also, maybe there’s a way for some people here to increase the number of volunteers handling the T-shirt requests? :-)

[0] https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2016-June/009424.html <https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-relays/2016-June/009424.html>
[1] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/jacob-appelbaum-leaves-tor-project <https://blog.torproject.org/blog/jacob-appelbaum-leaves-tor-project>
[2] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement <https://blog.torproject.org/blog/statement>
[3] https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/tshirt.html <https://www.torproject.org/getinvolved/tshirt.html>