[tor-relays] Tor Weather has been discontinued

Michael Armbruster tor at armbrust.me
Sun Jun 12 21:38:50 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-12 at 23:29, Green Dream wrote:
> Do you guys really run relays just for the t-shirt? Aren't there more
> important reasons to run a relay, like serving the community, being an
> advocate for privacy, and acting against surveillance and censorship?
>
> Is this t-shirt issue *really* a problem that needs to be solved? The
> Tor Project has many other problems that need attention, and their time
> is a limited resource. Can we please just stop worrying and complaining
> about the damn t-shirts?

It's not like I said "give me the damn t-shirt now or I'll quit
providing my exit node". Of course I will run the exit node for a longer
time and I even plan to provide a second one as soon as I have spare
money to afford another cheap server (I already run 3 servers in total
while 2 of them should not have their IP used for TOR unfortunately;
there are reasons for that, but maybe one of them will at least be a
relay soon; the other one does not have enough performance to run Tor
additionally to that what it does now).

It's just that the Tor Project promises t-shirts for exit node owners
and as such, they should at least respond to such questions and request
in a decent time (while I think 1 month is doable and still decent
enough). But some people wait for 7 months for something that is
promised, at least they wait for an answer. Even a simple "Sorry, the
Tor website is wrong. There are not t-shirts for exit nodes anymore"
answer would be great.

It's not only about the t-shirt itself (although having one would be
nice, it looks just awesome), it's more about the communication to the
community itself. And isn't it the community that is running Tor? That's
exactly what you said here.