[tor-relays] Filter Tor Exit Node for blatant attacks on servers

Dr Gerard Bulger gerard at bulger.co.uk
Sun Jun 12 19:39:23 UTC 2016

Not sure eavesdrop is the right word, since ISPs throttle all sorts of traffic by inspecting it such as torrent, let alone TOR.   I suppose we could argue that in signing up for an internet connection, deep in the ISP’s small print, we consent to that behaviour.  Is it really true that consent has to be sought by every router on the way?

Inspecting packets for obvious things like denial of service attacks and brute force logins would seem very legitimate to me and I doubt that the law would be such an ass, since we cannot gain consent.

I know there is a fine line but looking at how packets are behaving and looking for repetitive logins is not the same as watching the content and censoring that.  Then an exit node could only inspect what EXITS onto the internet.

Gerry