[tor-relays] Don't use Google's DNS server

Tristan supersluether at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 16:14:44 UTC 2016

Pulse (OVH) is already over-used in the Tor network, and very tolerant.
Hostwinds seemed to be fine with it as long as I responded to abuses
quickly. I haven't gotten any abuse on DigitalOcean yet, but they are very
clear that YOU are responsible for any and all abuses. Not sure how far
they'll go before they terminate you.

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 11:04 AM, Sean Greenslade <sean at seangreenslade.com>
wrote:

> On July 28, 2016 2:50:40 PM EDT, ITechGeek <ITG at itechgeek.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 2:34 PM, Tristan <supersluether at gmail.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> I really wish VPS services wouldn't use Google DNS by default. If not
> >for
> >> this e-mail, I would have been on Google's DNS for a while before I
> >found
> >> out.
> >

> >I actually haven't seen that before, what VPS provider do you use?
>
> Many, many of the super-cheap low end VPS providers (e.g. lowendbox.com)
> just use Google DNS. Most of these providers are very tor-intolerant,
> however, and will terminate your server at the first abuse notice.
>
> --Sean

Finding information, passing it along. ~SuperSluether