[tor-relays] Best bandwidth setup for exit node

SuperSluether supersluether at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 18:44:35 UTC 2016

I've been wondering this myself, and recently found this thread:
https://tor.stackexchange.com/questions/791/how-to-calculate-optimal-relay-bandwidth-throughput

TL;DR, using AccountingMax means your relay won't be very stable because
it will be idle for a certain amount of time, whereas RelayBandwidthRate
will allow you to remain online at a slower speed.

Another thing to take into account is that a relay's DirPort is disabled
when AccountingMax is set, so you won't be able to mirror directory
information.

Personally I think throttling a relay is better for the network as a
whole. I'd rather have a slow, reliable connection than a fast and
spotty connection.