[tor-relays] BoingBoing Says Running Exits Is No Trouble re: LEA

Kenneth Freeman kencf0618 at riseup.net
Sat Jul 9 20:47:01 UTC 2016

On 07/06/2016 01:01 PM, grarpamp wrote:
> https://boingboing.net/2016/07/01/researchers-find-over-100-spyi.html
> "Many people fear that running an exit node will put them in police
> crosshairs if it gets used in the commission of a crime. For the
> record, Boing Boing runs a very high-capacity exit node, and though
> we've received multiple contacts from US law enforcement, we've just
> explained that this is a Tor node that runs with logging switched off,
> and thus we have no information that'll be relevant to any
> investigations, and the officers involved have thanked us and gone
> away without further trouble." -- BoingBoing

Along those lines, it is possible to incorporate yourself. The default
is "Don't talk to cops," but if any individuals have incorporated
themselves to provide that helpful corporate legal layer I am unaware of
it. In any case, have your legalese in place. Law enforcement agencies
would rather not waste resources.