[tor-relays] suspicious "Relay127001" relays

simon komsat at kalidasa.klamath.ch
Thu Jul 7 08:04:22 UTC 2016

On 06.07.2016 14:56, Roger Dingledine wrote:
> Speaking of which, a while ago I started a discussion of how to
> streamline that process:

As I see it, removing via directory authority consensus is still the
cleaner way, especially in a case of ~100 similar nodes.

What came to my mind was something like a bugtracker for bad nodes.

This way, all node operators can file suspicious nodes to be excluded,
which achieves more than blacklisting on their tiny fraction of the network.
It would introduce more transparency because relay operators can
actually see someone is working on getting a dir auth consensus and get
status updates; or at least there is a discussion why there won't be any
blocking.
Lastly, it would prevent partitioning attacks or similar in contrast to
per-node blacklisting.