[tor-relays] BoingBoing Says Running Exits Is No Trouble re: LEA

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:50:43 UTC 2016

On 7/6/16, Green Dream <greendream848 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems easier to say "don't worry about it, it's not really a problem"
> from that perspective.

That's a given.

> For the average Tor volunteer operator, all that comfort, protection and
> privilege is gone. _My_ ass is on the line. Or at least it feels that way.

Setting up the equivalent of LLC for relays can be relatively
inexpensive compared to a few years of overall operating costs.
And operators should at least shop for and say hi heads up in
person to a lawyer in advance anyways.
And let the ISP know all that because they're first contact LEA makes.