[tor-relays] BoingBoing Says Running Exits Is No Trouble re: LEA

Green Dream greendream848 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 19:09:28 UTC 2016

Except the operators at BoingBoing have the privilege of corporate
liability (instead of personal liability), and very likely corporate
counsel (i.e., a nice legal team) as well.

It seems easier to say "don't worry about it, it's not really a problem"
from that perspective.

For the average Tor volunteer operator, all that comfort, protection and
privilege is gone. _My_ ass is on the line. Or at least it feels that way.

I guess I'm saying, I wouldn't get too comfortable. Definitely not to the
point of breaking rule #1 of running an exit -- don't do it from home.