[tor-relays] suspicious "Relay127001" relays

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 09:24:17 UTC 2016

On 7/5/16, Ivan Markin <twim at riseup.net> wrote:
>> blacklist hosts individually (unless I'm putting them into MyFamily,

That could 3rd party backfire against your relay, and must be
mutual in the consensus anyway. So don't.

> AFAIK, there is no option in tor itself to exclude relays from the routing.
>
> But you're still able to restrict connections with these nodes using
> plain blocking at your firewall. So circuits through these relays are
> not able to be built anymore.

That will seriously break tor, and get your relay banned for it. So don't.

If it's deemed that relay operators should have local policies
such as "ExcludePeerRelays", try discussing towards a
ticket for that instead.