[tor-relays] dns request capitalization, tor and unbound

ajs124 tor at ajs124.de
Sun Jul 3 13:25:40 UTC 2016

Hey,

I recently started running my first two exit relays.

Since it was mentioned on the mailing list a while back and seem like a reasonable thing to do, I installed and configured unbound.

Afterwards, I noticed that most if not all the DNS request are randomly capitalized.
Does this impact unbound's caching ability? My cache hit/miss ratio is around 1/5.

What is the reason for changing the capitalization?

Best regards
ajs124