[tor-relays] More than one instance with Debian Jessie

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Sat Jul 2 14:02:08 UTC 2016

Ok - I do have it and I installed a second instance called "tor2".

I can control the first instance of Tor as usual with arm but how can I
now control the running of "tor2" with arm?

When calling arm with "sudo -u _tor-tor2 arm" I get asked for a
Controller password even while having a HashedControlPassword in place?

What are the other needed settings apart from the relay specific ones in
the torrc file from "tor2" to get it controlled by arm?

Could somebody please give an example?

Thank you all, Paul.

these are my current settings:

SocksPort auto
RunAsDaemon 0
Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices2.log
ControlPort 9052
HashedControlPassword xx:xxxxxxxxxx
Nickname test2
RelayBandwidthRate 500 KB