[tor-relays] Nameservers fail and come back at the same time?

Tim Wilson-Brown - teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 21:26:58 UTC 2016

> On 1 Feb 2016, at 08:19, SuperSluether <supersluether at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'm not sure how many DNS servers are configured because I never configured them. I just installed Tor and edited the torrc file with my port, exit policy, and bandwidth options. Where would I add/configure DNS servers?

Typically, by editing /etc/resolv.conf.
But some platforms automatically generate it using the files in /etc/resolvconf/resolv.conf.d/

It should be fairly straightforward, if not, search the Internet for a HOWTO for your platform.

Tim

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
PGP 968F094B

teor at blah dot im
OTR CAD08081 9755866D 89E2A06F E3558B7F B5A9D14F