[tor-relays] Relay ssh control/monitor ? Config is secure ?

Pierre L. petrus at miosweb.mooo.com
Wed Jan 27 09:05:02 UTC 2016

Hi all,

Some noob questions about controlling/monitoring my Tor relay on a Linux
box... hosted in an ISP datacenter, so WAN IP and ports are showed to
the www.
I got SSH access.
I've found tor-arm console UI, useful to show real-time bandwidth used,
and other stuff.

1. If possible, I need to know if my current config is secure and
useful, torrc contains
ControlPort 9051
HashedControlPassword xxxxxxxxxxx
CookieAuthentication 0

2.  On some websites, I see screenshots with something like this on
control config : /var/run/tor/control
May be it's more secure on an online server ? No need to have another
listening port like 9051
Sry I haven't found any information about this config... and how to make
it possible...

Thx for your help !