[tor-relays] DDoS attack on relay

TorOp AnonymizedDotIo1 torrelay at anonymized.io
Tue Jan 26 19:51:36 UTC 2016

I was hit with a DDoS attack > 1gbps on 2016-01-21 11:30 EST on the IP
that host my tor exit node. My hosting provider began succesfully
mitigating the attack and my service was unaffected besides a slight dip
in network throughput.

They attacker quickly stopped the attack when they realized if was being
blackholed as my IP was removed from automatic mitigation 15 minutes later.

They did not attack other IPs in that netblock or any other of my
netblock that host my legitimate buisness.

DDoSing a medium-to-large exit node seems counterintuitive to me...
unless you are a government.