[tor-relays] what's up(down) with gablemoo?

Sebastian Hahn mail at sebastianhahn.net
Thu Jan 21 17:55:14 UTC 2016

> On 21 Jan 2016, at 18:23, starlight.2016q1 at binnacle.cx wrote:
>
> Lately 'gabelmoo' had been bouncing down and up like a ping-pong ball.
>
> Because gabelmoo is a BWauth (of which only five exist) as well as a normal authority, the impact is greater than if it did not participate in bandwidth measurement.  Disrupts the consensus median.
>
> Does anyone know anything about it?
>
> Thanks

Gabelmoo is running 0.2.7.6, thus experiencing a new bug
related to ed25519 identity keys. I've been keeping it on
that version to assess the damage caused, while urging the
other dirauth ops not to upgrade to keep the impact minimal.

If the current situation (with the bug remaining unfixed)
continues for longer, I'll downgrade again :/

Cheers
Sebastian