[tor-relays] Running a relay, only, in win7

je suis sfarcus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 16:36:52 UTC 2016

> There is also, sometimes, a "Tor windows expert bundle" available on the
> download page, which would mean you don't need to extract stuff from the
> Tor Browser directory yourself. I say 'sometimes' because we haven't been
> super great about keeping it up to date lately. Give it a try and see.

That's what I tried to run, but it shows up a second in the task manager
and it's gone. Run as admin, user, with full path, relative path, tor -f
bla/bla/torrc, nothing.

> Yes, this should be pretty easy to do. Grab the tor.exe out of the
> tor browser (you might need the whole directory, if there are dll's
> or something in it). Then grab your torrc and datadirectory from the
> old relay:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#UpgradeOrMove
> Make sure the torrc points to the new datadirectory, and consider adding
> a log file:
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#Logs
>
> And then run "tor -f torrc" from a cmd shell.

I'll give it a try to this now. I'll return with results, who knows, some
other may benefit. Running in Linux was a bliss, install, properly make the
torrc, run as service. Oh, I also tried adding it as a service in win7,
succeeded, but it failed, too.

> Good luck!

Thank you, I have a feeing I'll need some.

Vlad