[tor-relays] Running a relay, only, in win7

je suis sfarcus at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 14:43:15 UTC 2016

> I think it is much easier to start a VM with debian or something on your
Win7, and run Tor there.

If this were the case I'd be better off by modifying the tor-browser and
leave it running, but I'm concerned by the resources it would take. The
browser alone, freshly started, eats up some 300k of memory. Browsing and
all and it gets pretty hungry, not to mention there will be some amount of
CPU usage, too. I wonder how the VM would fare in this matter.

Even if I say I need to use win7 these days that doesn't mean I'm looking
for an easy way to do it; as many steps as there are required, that's how
many I'll take, but I'd rather be tor alone that runs, not a whole army. Is
it possible or am I chasing a dream? Maybe reuse torrc and the tor key from
linux (actually, that was what I was hoping for)?

Vlad