[tor-relays] [tor-dev] How many exits exit from an IP address different than their OR address? (10.7%)

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 05:06:21 UTC 2016

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 10:05 PM, Virgil Griffith <i at virgil.gr> wrote:
> In our quantifications of relay diversity, knowing the IP addresses that
> traffic exits from is important. Ways to have this information correctly
> reported would be very helpful.

Which is exactly why free to connect back through them and make
your quanta and know for yourself or for some research statisticals.
But it is the apparent disappreciation for and implied calls to
remove them or to publish consensusify their would be formerly
stealthy feature use that is a problem from this view.
Users use them to access things around censorship,
there is no higher purpose of Tor.