[tor-relays] Netflix overblocking non-exit Tor relays

john saylor js0000 at riseup.net
Sun Feb 28 16:38:25 UTC 2016

On 02/28/16 02:08, Jamis Hartley wrote:
> I seriously doubt it's hostility.

you may be right. as i said, it was only speculation on my part ...

but why didn't netflix support say it's your tor node when i was
chatting with netflix support for an hour? or even- we are detecting a
proxy on your network?

the support person left we with instructions to call roku and ask about
the DNS configuration of my hardware.

and she was not kidding.

so it's this indirectness that make me suspicious. also- the ip that my
roku uses is clearly located in MA USA. as i said, i sent her the whois
info for my ip.

maybe i am just paranoid- but it just doesn't add up.

anyway, i'm looking forward to taking more walks and naps and reading
more books now that i've cancelled netflix- ymmv!

if this every gets "fixed" i might re-subscribe- but maybe even not ...

--
\js: !