[tor-relays] tor-relays Digest, Vol 61, Issue 30

stealth at nym.mixmin.net stealth at nym.mixmin.net
Fri Feb 26 18:24:57 UTC 2016

On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 04:39:26 +0000, you wrote:
<snip>

> Message: 3
> Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:27:36 +0100
> From: Tomasz Nitecki <tnnn at tnnn.pl>
> To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
> Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Stable Flag Question
>
> Hey,
>
> On 25/02/16 20:41, stealth at nym.mixmin.net wrote:
> > I'll monitor things and see if anything changes, but I'm more
> > concerned that my cronjob is not working. I also did a "service tor
> > reload" to see, if anything changed and I still show 0.2.4.27 as my
> > Tor version via the arm program.
>
> Aren't you running an older release of Debian (wheezy)? You can check it
> by running 'cat /etc/os-release'. Your tor version seems to be equal to
> the one available in wheezy repository [1].
>
> In order to get a more recent version of tor, you should add torproject
> repositories (wheezy version) to your apt sources. Comprehensive
> tutorial, on how to do that, can be found at [2].
>
> Anyway, you might also consider upgrading to the latest Debian release
> (jessie).
>

> Regards,
> T.
>
> [1] https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/tor
> [2] https://www.torproject.org/docs/debian.html.en

Thanks for the links above. I have updated to 0.2.7.6. I had a
hickup initially trying to launch arm as user debian-t. I had to
kickstart it with just arm and then I killed the program and
launched it again as user debian-t and it launched. Not sure what
the issue was there. Now I hope my cronjob works at the next
update. Time will tell.