[tor-relays] Stable Flag Question

Tomasz Nitecki tnnn at tnnn.pl
Thu Feb 25 21:27:36 UTC 2016

Hey,

On 25/02/16 20:41, stealth at nym.mixmin.net wrote:
> I'll monitor things and see if anything changes, but I'm more
> concerned that my cronjob is not working. I also did a "service tor
> reload" to see, if anything changed and I still show 0.2.4.27 as my
> Tor version via the arm program.

Aren't you running an older release of Debian (wheezy)? You can check it
by running 'cat /etc/os-release'. Your tor version seems to be equal to
the one available in wheezy repository [1].

In order to get a more recent version of tor, you should add torproject
repositories (wheezy version) to your apt sources. Comprehensive
tutorial, on how to do that, can be found at [2].

Anyway, you might also consider upgrading to the latest Debian release
(jessie).

Regards,
T.

[1] https://packages.debian.org/wheezy/tor