[tor-relays] Re-Install Tor on raspberry, keep torrc and fingerprint

Volker Mink volker.mink at gmx.de
Mon Feb 8 07:13:38 UTC 2016

Thanks, i will try this!

===
Message: 1
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 13:41:07 +0100
From: "Pierre L." <petrus at miosweb.mooo.com>
To: tor-relays at lists.torproject.org
Subject: Re: [tor-relays] Re-Install Tor on raspberry, keep torrc and
	fingerprint

Hey Volker,

Never tried this, but there's something in the FAQ about this...
https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq.html.en#UpgradeOrMove

I remember some people saying you need to save every keys (and not only
1 as said in the FAQ),
if I'm not wrong, in Raspbian you can find them in /var/lib/tor/keys

And in the torrc, check this///
//DataDirectory /var/lib/tor/

I'm not sure, and I'm sadly noob with Tor, but this easy solution can be
tried quickly I think...
+ when I check on my Raspbian (Jessie), debian-tor is the user/group by
default on the directory /var/lib/tor

I always launch arm with this command :
sudo -u debian-tor arm

Your /etc/tor/torrc config file has been overwritten by the upgrade ?
Have you check it ?

Good luck!