[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Rana ranaventures at gmail.com
Tue Dec 27 15:50:33 UTC 2016

Speaking of guards, could someone come with a theory pf what happened here <https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/707A9A3358E0D8653089AF32A097570A96400CC6> ? The IP is static, the relay exists for 18 days and has Stable flag since maybe 2 weeks, the measured bandwidth -153 KB/s - exactly equals the bandwidth limit in torrc for 2 weeks now. What could explan the sudden catastrophic drop in bandwidth after linear if not exponential growth? This article <https://blog.torproject.org/blog/lifecycle-of-a-new-relay>  describes exactly this pattern but the drop occurs when a Guard flag is awarded. In this case, no guard fag. Any ideas?