[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Gumby info at gumbyzee.torzone.net
Fri Dec 23 16:05:47 UTC 2016

I have followed this for some time with interest, because I've run 2
relays from "home" connections for over 2 years - at on point three, all
on unused older laptops. I have an Archer C7 which can handle 31k
connections (theoretically) and have never had issues. My IP address
changes maybe 3 times a year.
    I am set at 1 mb up/down - largely unused compared to its capacity,
but I really don't care as long as it runs. I have had as many as 3700
connections but usually 150 or so. I still do not care - I have felt
that this still provides for someone, somewhere.
    I will continue, without getting upset over unused "horsepower".
With that said however - if the authority feels I am pathetically
useless (reminds me of the testosterone ego of high school jocks) then
what would happen if all the small relays - like me - say piss on it? At
what point does this entire Tor freedom concept become the field of
rich, unlimited bandwidth mavens?

And incidentally, those jocks would never had graduated if not for the
"nerds" that tutored them - the little guys provide a hell of a lot more
than people realize.

Gumby