[tor-relays] Reset torrc file

Ivan Markin twim at riseup.net
Wed Dec 21 22:13:00 UTC 2016

Sec INT:
> I upgraded all relays and exits to 0.2.9.8 but the torrc file was
> then renamed on all of them when the daemon restarted automatically -
> this meant the torrc file was then recreated as defaut  losing all my
> settings and all relays exits were not working - this hasnt happened
> in all other upgrades to new versions but was pretty inconvenient
> when having to go back and replace all torrc files - is this normal?

This should not happen, actually*. It solely depends on your package
manager (this is who rewrites your torrc files), so consult its
documentation how to deal with config updates.
Please drop a hint here if you succeeded!

* This never happened to me on many systems as they have some sort of
config management.

--
Ivan Markin