[tor-relays] confusing error from "tor --verify-config"

Wed Dec 21 00:59:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

> I would suggest running  tor --verify-config as debian-tor user instead of
> root
After I run the following command I`ve got no output.
Is this correct then? I expected a few lines somehow.

su -c "/etc/init.d/tor --verify-config" debian-tor

> I would suggest not running tor as root .:)
> As root you can do:
> su debian-tor "tor --verify-config"

I am not running tor as root. Tor runs as "debian-tor".
I installed it from the repositories and changed nothing in the permissions.

Cheers,
Patrice