[tor-relays] Tor relay from home - end of experiment?

Andreas Krey a.krey at gmx.de
Wed Dec 14 11:37:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, 14 Dec 2016 12:46:58 +0000, Rana wrote:
> I beg to differ. My experiment with two identical Pies in the same country showed that the alleged volume that the relay can carry IS dependent on how well it is connected to the specific DirAuths (which represent "particular places in the world").

What I was pointing out is that a single relay suddenly started picking up
traffic after being way-too-long for months, without changing location. So
there seem to be more factors to it.

> On the other hand, your parenthesized sentence is very relevant - it seems that you have given up on home based relay, too.

I have an uplink of a whopping 2MBit/s. There is no point running a
relay behind that anymore.

Andreas

--
"Totally trivial. Famous last words."