[tor-relays] Tor relay from home - end of experiment?

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:51:31 UTC 2016

> On 14 Dec. 2016, at 21:46, Rana <ranaventures at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I did see a report from someone boasting the large bandwidth via Pi at home - but this seems to be an exception rather than a rule, and he was in Germany, probably at a cozy digital distance from the local DirAuth :)

Since the consensus weight is the low-median of 5 measurements spread
around the US and Western Europe, being in Germany only gets you one
good measurement: you need 3 good measurements to get a high consensus
weight.

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Median :

> Because of this, the median is of central importance in robust statistics, as it is the most resistant statistic, having a breakdown point of 50%: so long as no more than half the data are contaminated, the median will not give an arbitrarily large or small result.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n
xmpp: teor at torproject dot org