[tor-relays] ansible for tor relay ops

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Sun Dec 11 22:04:30 UTC 2016

>> Isn’t it somehow dangerous in the area we operate, to rely on a piece
>> of software created more or less by a single person?
>
> Thanks for this question. Can you give a few examples for "dangerous" in
> the context of your question so I might be able to address your concerns
> more specifically?

That is exactly the point, if you know the danger in advance, there might be a change you can address and possibly handle it.

In this case, somebody like me would rely on a piece of software that he possible cant judge, or totally understand and there are not several people who might have had an eye on it,checked it and agreed, that there is no misbehaviour? Who are trusted people in this group, who are not and why? Who is giving a service for what reason? I don’t want to go more down is road ending up in paranoia ....but I am sure some of those thoughts get shared.

Yes one argument might be, there is a long track record, reputation for a person - difficult for newcomers to judge.

I cant be more specific and please don’t take it personally - these are just general thoughts...and every single question (if and when it may arise) could be cleared..

Thank you and regards
Paul