[tor-relays] Connections from UNKNOWN relays

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 10 12:53:34 UTC 2016

> On 10 Dec. 2016, at 23:05, Rana <ranaventures at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Arm shows that my middle relay has incoming connections from UNKNOWN relays (no consensus data on them at all except locale). Are these bridges?

Possibly, or they are relays that are not in the current consensus, but
are in a consensus still being used by a client. (Clients will use
consensuses up to 27 hours old, there is one consensus per hour.)

> There is also one outgoing connection to UNKNOWN but the address of that is 0.0.0.0:0

Well, that sounds like an address retrieval error, or a connection from
your relay to itself.

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com
ricochet:ekmygaiu4rzgsk6n