[tor-relays] Exit Node Geographical Location

Michael Armbruster tor at armbrust.me
Fri Dec 9 14:17:52 UTC 2016

On 2016-12-09 at 15:09, Chris Adams wrote:
> Okay,
>
> So I've found a ISP in Kenya that says they're happy to host a tor exit
> node. The ping is 270ms from a Canadian ISP, 16 hops. 183ms from
> Germany, 13 hops.
>
> Ultimately, am I making the tor network better or worse, if I were to
> set up some tor nodes here?
>
> - Chris

Hi Chris,

If it is affordable, it sounds like a great addition. 183ms ping from
Germany isn't that bad at all. Sometimes I have pings to Canada or USA
at 200ms, depending on the exact route.

If they are happy to host a Tor exit node, you could add them to the ISP
list in the wiki (though the spam filter has problems right now), or at
least mention them here if you want to :)

Best,
Michael