[tor-relays] Exit Node Geographical Location

Duncan Guthrie dguthrie at posteo.net
Thu Dec 8 19:23:40 UTC 2016

Hi folks,

I think it would be interesting to run relays in Africa and Asia. Especially Africa, as this area has growing internet usage, and censorship of the internet in some countries is not widespread, e.g. Liberia.

Another argument is that even if there is censorship, having more relays in these countries is still important to help protect people in other countries. For example, you are going to want your traffic to exit in somewhere like Russia if you are in the US or UK since Russia is unlikely to hand over data it is collecting to the US or UK governments.

Thus, running relays in Africa and Asia should be a priority right now.

Duncan