[tor-relays] Exit Node Geographical Location

Chris Adams chris at chrisada.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 10:32:25 UTC 2016

Interesting...

Don't exit nodes with equal bandwidth have equal chance of being utilised
on a circuit? Why is your US exit being utilised more?

Looking at the map, I thought Canada could do with a few more exits?

Should geo diversity be related to numbers of internet users in that
country? Ie, Canada, ~1/2 population of UK, so should run approximately 1/2
as many exits at least? Or am I overthinking this?

Are there other legal advantages to running an exit node in another
country? Such as choosing a country with which your own country has no
extradition laws? In case something really bad happened.

Regards,

Chris Adams <http://chrisada.co.uk>