[tor-relays] relays with dynamic IP - here Rasp2

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Wed Dec 7 09:30:16 UTC 2016

On Wed, 7 Dec 2016 11:13:54 +0200
"Rana" <ranaventures at gmail.com> wrote:

> But is it possible to tell Tor on which cores to run? I mean, install a 2nd
> instance of Tor and tell it to run on the two cores not used by the first
> instance?

The Linux kernel will sort it out automatically. Deciding optimally which
programs get to run on which cores is the kernel's job.

It's also possible to pin programs to specific cores using "schedtool", but
that's more of an advanced tuning trick: not something you should need as the
first thing you do, but you could look into that if you get to the point when
both of them use 100% CPU, and you want to micro-optimize things a bit further.

--
With respect,
Roman