[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.net
Tue Dec 6 22:07:03 UTC 2016

On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 22:00:20 +0100
diffusae <punasipuli at t-online.de> wrote:

> Well, I can read and also now the translation from Bits to Bytes.
> But I am not sure about your value of the maximum network capacity.
>
> That's the iperf3 measurement of a Raspberry Pi 1 Model B+:
>
> [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bandwidth       Retr
> [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  83.6 MBytes  8.36 MBytes/sec  141
> sender
> [  4]   0.00-10.00  sec  83.1 MBytes  8.31 MBytes/sec
> receiver

It's no problem to push close to 100 Mbit on any Raspberry Pi with just plain
iperf.

[ ID] Interval       Transfer     Bandwidth
[  3]  0.0-10.0 sec   111 MBytes  93.1 Mbits/sec

Tor is entirely another story though, with all its encryption/decryption and
the need to keep track of a few thousands of connections at the same time. I
suppose the "1 MB/sec" figure mentioned was about Tor specifically.

--
With respect,
Roman