[tor-relays] network diversity with freeBSD - solved

teor teor2345 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 22:49:13 UTC 2016

> On 6 Dec. 2016, at 08:32, diffusae <punasipuli at t-online.de> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> On 05.12.2016 21:32, pa011 wrote:
>> its working currently on Tor 0.2.8.9 (recommended)
>> otherwise it might conflict with arm?
>
> Yes I know this, you could solve this with a jail. So if you run
> tor-devel inside a jail and use a cloned loopback interface for the
> control port.

It's much better to use a unix socket for the control connection.

ControlPort unix:/path/no/spaces

(There's a bug in parsing control socket paths with spaces that's fixed
in 0.2.9.4-alpha, but not 0.2.8.)

Loopback interfaces and jails have a tendency to leave your control port
open on a public IP address if configured incorrectly. Some jail setups
default to this insecure mode.

>> Any quick idea how to solve that one:
>
>> 	To connect to svn.torproject.org insecurely, use `--no-check-certificate'.
>
> pkg install ca_root_nss should help. With curl I can connect to svn.
>
> <H1>Welcome to svn.torproject.org!</H1>
>
> Regards,
> Reiner
>
>> Am 05.12.2016 um 18:42 schrieb diffusae:
>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> That's nice to hear.
>>>
>>> RAM is also very good for tor relays. :-)
>>>
>>> Maybe you want to change your version to tor-devel-0.2.9.5.a, if you
>>> don't done this already (e. g. portsnap fetch update && portmaster
>>> security/tor-devel).
>>>
>>> Regards,

Tim Wilson-Brown (teor)

teor2345 at gmail dot com