[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Rana ranaventures at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 15:36:17 UTC 2016

-----Original Message-----
>From: tor-relays [mailto:tor-relays-bounces at lists.torproject.org] On Behalf Of Duncan Guthrie
>
>Keep in mind also that the Raspberry Pi (at least the first one anyway) can only push around 1MB/s tops. The ethernet port is basically held on by the equivalent of a piece of string! >They're suitable for a small mail or web server, or some sort of network probe, but not really for any large application.
>
>Duncan

I am pretty sure your info is out of date. The $35 Raspi3 has four 1.2 GHz cores and 1GB RAM. On my Raspi (that admittedly does not see much traffic) CPU utilization hovers somewhere around 1% and total memory utilization by Tor and the rest of Linux together is 11%. Which is irrelevant since Tor network will not let it even near 1 mbit/s because - I believe - of its dynamic IP

I would like to hear about ONE Raspi Tor operator who was allowed by DirAuths (or bwauths or whatever)  to come even near 1 mbit/s bandwidth utilization

Rana