[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Duncan Guthrie dguthrie at posteo.net
Mon Dec 5 15:02:41 UTC 2016

On 04.12.2016 21:57, teor wrote:

> Also, Rana, perhaps your set would be more valuable to clients as
> a bridge than a relay?
>
> But that's a problem for clients when your IP address changes, because
> they then lose access to your bridge.
>
> (Unless they ask the bridge authority for your new descriptor. I'm not
> sure if that code works the way we want it to - I don't know how often
> we test it.)

I think it would be interesting see as to whether allowing bridges to
have dynamic IPs (or even encouraging it) would make them harder to
block, and would make it really easy for people to contribute to the
network in this small way? Or at least, having a mostly dynamic IP -
some devices change their IP address more frequently than others, if my
understanding is correct?

Duncan