[tor-relays] network diversity with freeBSD - pf

Felix zwiebel at quantentunnel.de
Sun Dec 4 23:46:50 UTC 2016

 > Relays do not publish descriptors until their ORPort and DirPort are
reachable.
 > What do I have to do  - how to best set-up a decent strong firewall
on a freeBSD Exit?

If you run packet filter pf do you want to post the outputs to
'tor-relays' or better to 'lists.nycbug.org/pipermail/tor-bsd/':

# freebsd-version -ku ## kernel and userland version

# cat /etc/pf.conf
and/or
# pfctl -vvnf /etc/pf.conf ## n = no execution

# top -ab | grep tor

# sockstat -l | grep tor

# cat /etc/rc.conf | grep defaultrouter

# cat /etc/resolv.conf

Is your ports tree up to date ? I saw you went for 0.2.9.4-alpha
(depracted) on Dec 1st when a newer version was available. 'portsnap
fetch update' does it.

[] https:// forums.freebsd.org
[] https:// www.bsdforen.de
[] https:// lists.freebsd.org/pipermail