[tor-relays] Please be considerate and concise on the list! [was Re: Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP]

Roger Dingledine arma at mit.edu
Sun Dec 4 22:03:04 UTC 2016

On Sun, Dec 04, 2016 at 09:42:34PM +0200, Rana wrote:
> I hope Tor developers or whoever runs the Tor project are reading this.

Only barely. :/ I bet most of them are unable to keep up with the madness
that this thread has become.

Please, I beg all of you, consider that there are 1700 busy people
on this mailing list. Imagine people reading your post and thinking
about it and sending a reasoned useful response if they have one,
and waiting for other people to do so if they don't. Heuristics like
"one useful post per topic per day" might be helpful.

And if the topic has totally changed, please change the Subject line to
what the new topic is (like I've done here) -- otherwise people see a wall
of 80 mails and it looks like a flamewar or something and they skip it.

Thanks for your help in keeping this a manageable list,
--Roger