[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Rana ranaventures at gmail.com
Sun Dec 4 21:09:19 UTC 2016

Thanks Netgear Ready for the constructive approach. Here is my torrc (nickname redacted). There is no hidden service running on the Pi and no connections to the transparent proxy (its respective wifi interface is down). The Pi is doing nothing except the Tor relay, memory utilization 13%, CPU close to nil.

 My uplink is consistent at 1.5 mbps measured using speedtest-cli from the Pi, downlink is much higher. Consensus weight is 14 (!), Atlas "advertised" bandwidth currently 85 KB/s but sometimes reaches as high as 170 KB/s.  Actual traffic is practically negligible (14 MB in 6 hours). I have a Stable flag and am running for a month, the last 9 days with the same IP. Help will be much appreciated.

Rana

Log notice file /var/log/tor/notices.log
VirtualAddrNetworkIPv4 10.192.0.0/10
AutomapHostsSuffixes .onion,.exit
AutomapHostsOnResolve 1
TransPort 9040
TransListenAddress 172.24.1.1
DNSPort 53
DNSListenAddress 172.24.1.1
DisableDebuggerAttachment 0
RunAsDaemon 1
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80
HiddenServiceDir /var/lib/tor/other_hidden_service/
HiddenServicePort 80 127.0.0.1:80
HiddenServicePort 22 127.0.0.1:22
ORPort 9001
Nickname xxxxxxxx
RelayBandwidthRate 250 KB  # Throttle traffic to    250KB/s (2.0 Mbit/sec)
RelayBandwidthBurst 350 KB # But allow bursts up to 350KB/s (2.8 Mbit/sec)
DirPort 9030 # what port to advertise for directory connections
ExitPolicy reject *:* # no exits allowed