[tor-relays] Unwarranted discrimination of relays with dynamic IP

Matt Traudt sirmatt at ksu.edu
Sun Dec 4 19:16:57 UTC 2016

Rana

I don't think there's more anyone can do here. I think people here have
done a good job explaining _why_ you see what you see.

If you would like to see something change, it would be a good idea to go
to https://trac.torproject.org, create an account (or use the
cypherpunks one), and open a ticket stating facts such as

- where you saw that the Tor Project saying they want relays with
dynamic IPs
- your reasoning for why teor's 4 bullet points about "advantages to
resetting when a relay's IP address changes" are not valid

If the Tor Project really said they want relays with dynamic IPs, maybe
the wording needs to be modified. I imagine, for instance, they might
have said dynamic IPs are good for bridges.

In any case, your ticket will be best received if doesn't have a
demanding/entitled/accusatory tone and has concrete ideas for what
should be done.

Thank you for running a relay and please do not be discouraged by numbers.

Best

Matt